Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Two For Tuesday

Today I am grateful for how full my life is. I have friends, family, a loving wife, a baby on the way, a good job, a good life.

I am grateful for good neighbors. We left the garage door open and our neighbors called to make sure we were okay. Very thoughtful.

I am amazed at the strength of the comedians I saw tonight. Not all were funny but to get up there and talk for 3 or 6 minutes in front of a room of strangers all at an attempt to make them laugh. Very curageous.

My first stand-up comedy night will be May 15th. Doors open at 8 and the 90 minute show starts at 8:30. A coupon for two free admissions is available here... http://www.crackerscomedy.com/open_mic_coupon_print.html. There is a two item minimum. Come on out and support brave souls trying to make people laugh.

The one thing I realized was is how amatuer comedy is ver similar to the first time I had sex. It was akward. I didn't know what I was doing. I kept saying the wrong things. I was sweaty and probably didn't look suave. It was over in about 3 to 6 minutes. And I was alone.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Eric,
I didn't know you guys were pregnant, that's wonderful. I'm so happy for you guys and proud of you for trying again.
Good luck in May, hopefully I can make it down to see you.
I think you're hillarious and you'll do a fine job Mr. Sweaty Comedic Virgin :)

Michelle Bryant

michelle said...

I'm so freaking proud of you!!!
~Shelley