Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Spring is back

Today I am grateful for the weather. Started off cold, but turned into a perfect day. It is a shame that I was stuck at work and teaching. Oh well.

I am also grateful for driving. Having the windows down and a good song on and the wind whipping through the car. Nothing like it. Reminds me of when I was a kid and would stick my arm out the window and pretend it was flying. Did it again for old times sake.

I am grateful for my last lecture. Only 3 more classes to go. I enjoy the summer so much as it seems that I get to relax and am not pulled in so many directions.

I am also grateful for my support group. I get to meet with several friends in a subsequent pregnancy after a infant loss group. Pretty particular, but a great group of people who share with Nicole and I something so personal that most cannot relate.

Finally, I am grateful that most people can't relate to what Nicole and I have gone through and hope that no one else will ever be able to relate even though that isn't possible.

FLOG --

Speaking of driving... Have you noticed lately when people are turning left or right, they somehow feel the need to swing the car out before turning in the opposite direction. What is this? It's not like the Indy 500 or something. You are going 25 in a Volvo, you don't swing out to make the turn; I'm pretty sure she'll hold.

News Flash: Turn signals aren't just a reminder for the driver which way he's going. New technology has allowed for other people to know what you are intending to do when you use them.

No comments: