Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sunday, Bloody Sunday

It was a bloody sunday as I was working around the house and scraped my knuckles. No deeper meaning here.

Today I am grateful for being productive. Did I have to do anything around the house? No, but I did much yardwork and re-caulked the tub. I felt like I accomplished something other than a lot of TV watching. It felt good, and I am tired.

I am grateful for my brother Tim again today. He has a wonderful heart and a love for animals. Today, he found a dog wandering the streets. Instead of doing what most people would have which is simply a comment about the poor dog at most, he stopped and picked up the dog. Now he is going to take care of the dog until he can find his owner or a good home.

We all want to do more for others, it warms the heart when we actually do more for others. And that includes animals.

I was thinking today about Golf. I was thinking today about sex. I was amazed how similar the two are. Here is a partial list that I have come up with comparing the two.

1. You think your pretty good at it until you see a professional do it and then realize how much you suck at it.

2. Practicing is not as much fun as the real thing.

3. You are trying to get it in the hole.

4. You like your equipment, but other people have nicer equipment than you do.

5. The flexibility in the shaft can really help you or hurt you.

7. It is a lot easier with spiked shoes as you get better traction.

8. Your balls look nicer after they have been washed.

9. If you put it in the rough, that is probably not where you want to be.

10. It is nicer to play where the turf has been well taken care of.

1 comment:

michelle said...

Hilarious! You should use this in your stand up.

~Shelly