Saturday, April 28, 2007

Saturday Night's Alright for Fightin'

Today I am grateful for tradition. I saw the new James Bond movie tonight and it was surprisingly good. You can always count on James to get the bad guy and the girl all the while, he's kicking butt.

I am also grateful for patience. Twice today, I experienced both side of the patience coin. First an elderly man at Lowe's dropped his purchase. The bagged had ripped and the few things he purchased were strewn into the parking lot. Up pulls a man trying to leave and impatiently nudges up on him as he is trying to pick up his items. My hands are full and Nicole helps him. The man has his belongings and gets out of the way of the truck and the truck screams off.

The other time, we were at Wal-Mart and an elderly woman in a motorized cart asked me about fertilizer for her shrubs. I was going to say bush but that sounded dirty. Instead of blowing her off, I helped the lady find the product she needed and the explanation she wanted. It took an extra couple of minutes, but it felt good.

All we need is just a little patience. Guns N Roses. Good band. Broken up. Very sad. (That's for you Nicole).

One of my mottos is "Happy wife, happy life". To this point I will apologize for anything. All Nicole has to do is look at me and the first words out of my mouth is "I'm sorry." I have no idea what I've done, but I've done something. If I burp, I apologize. If I fart, I apologize. If I hear a strange noise outside that sounds remotely close to a burp or fart, I apologize. Even when I scared her after her trying to scare me, I apologized. But she likes me this way, she needs me this way. My apologies have saved her embarrassment too. A while back, we are getting out of the car and Nicole burps. Not a quaint burp, but a burp like the one's from Revenge of the Nerds. Normally this would not be so bad, but there is a gentleman in the parking lot. Quickly I spring into action and apologize for her burp. She says nothing, but I know she is relieved. This is a wonderful part of our relationship and I love her for it. She keeps me in check (which I need), and I keep her out of embarrassment (mostly).

No comments: