Sunday, April 15, 2007

Catch Up Day

Today I am grateful that I can take a day or two off of my Glog/Blog/Flog. I had a very busy weekend with 3 different parties on Saturday. By the way, I am turning a new phrase. A Flog is a funny blog.

I am grateful for babies, like the baby shower we went to. I am grateful for Family, even though they aren't blood related, they are family and I enjoyed a 60th birthday party. I am also grateful for friends, like my friend Tom whose birthday is on the 18th and we started partying early.

I heard from Tony today. I am proud of him for graduating with a Bachelor's degree, turning 40, and already talking about becoming a lawyer or getting his Master's degree. Way to go. Looking forward to the party and celebrating with him.

I noticed on Saturday the funny differences between gift wrapping. Some have the thought process that anything worth getting must be worked for. So the box is wrapped like its being shipped by the USO to troops. Then the box is taped shut as well as the wrapping paper. And no, it won't be scotch tape. It will be more like packing tape. You know the kind you gotta cut with a razor blade. Then there is the tissue paper. The gift is wrapped all over again. With more tape and hell sometimes I expect to see a padlock or some sort of retina scan. Gee Whiz, people, calm down.

Inevitably, the person that needs to carefully open everything will get these gifts. These gift openers must moonlight as bomb technicians. Out come the scalpel and nothing can be ripped. Heck we may be able to use this again. My god, the tissue paper is 99 cents for a 100 sheets of the stuff, go wild.

Me personally, you are lucky to get a gift bag. 9 times out of 10 it is a gift card stuck in the card and I don't even have the strength to lick the envelope. You may get a paper cut or something and I am not going to risk personal injury for your birthday. I like you and everything, that is why you take the card and the $25 gift card and be happy.

No comments: