Sunday, April 29, 2007

Takin' it Easy

Today I am grateful for doing nothing. I am also grateful for not feeling guilty about it. I could have done yard work. I could have done some chores. Sometimes you gotta stop and smell the roses and today was that day.

It was a beautiful day. The sun, the wind, the temperature, it was perfect.

I am also grateful for my alone time. Nicole ran some errands and I was alone for three hours. Now, don't get me wrong, I love my wife and cherish our time together, but time alone is nice just to be me.

Something I have noticed about the differences between men and women. Typically men are more competitive. Now, Shelly, I said "typically". This is especially true between me and Nicole. Nicole normally doesn't give a rats ass about winning. It is about spending time together and enjoying each other's company. Not me, man. Everything is a competition. Who will wake up first and take the dog out? Can I shower in the time it takes Nicole to blow dry her hair? Can I get ready for bed, before she does? Everything is a competition. You wanna know what else? I win almost all the time. You wanna know something else? I don't tell her. It makes it easier to win.

No comments: