Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Hump Day

Today I am grateful for the little things. Work week being half over, a good dinner, my wang.

I am grateful today for my Mom. We have a monthly engagement for dinner and had a wonderful dinner at Carrabba's. She is easy to talk to. She doesn't intrude on my life and enjoys peaceful moments like I do. I know she wants to be more involved, but is patient and loving. I love her for that.

I am also grateful for coincidence. Today I received an email incorrectly to epayne@gmail.com. I get so much email from people who think they are emailing someone else. I kindly reply stating they have the wrong email address. Usually I don't get a response afterwards, but this was funny so I share.

Ross is the guy's name and he emailed Estelle Payne to congratulate her on her good news. I replied that he had the wrong email address and to apologize for the confusion. He, in turn, replied back saying thank you and that if I was pregnant, congratulations to me too. Therefore, I replied to him saying that my wife is and to wish Estelle congratulations from Nicole and I.

Ross is in Australia. If he replies back again, maybe this will begin a strange pen pal friendship as he sounds nice. It's funny how it's the little things that can make the biggest impacts on your life. Now I don't know if this will be one of them, but think back on your own and see what you come up with.

My favorite is the "Stripping Pizza Man" story. I can go into that more, but if the strange people I delivered Cheese Stix to did not make me an offer to come back and party with them and Glen Robinson, I would not have met my best friends, my wife, and my life would be completely different.

Thanks Mad Mushroom.

No comments: