Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Comedy Tonight

Something familiar, something peculiar
Something for everyone: a comedy tonight
Something appealing, something appalling
Something for everyone: a comedy tonight

Today I am grateful for dreams. I achieved a dream of mine tonight that I never even realized I had until a very smart woman asked me if I could be anything, what would that be?

A Stand-Up Comic. (Thanks Shelly)

Tonight was my first stand-up comedy routine. I only had three minutes but what a time it was. I was nervous, excited, and scared at the same time. It was thrilling. It was over before I knew it. I had 6 index cards with material and only got to 2 of them. I guess I have more stuff for the next time. It is amazing how you can't see anything when you are up there. It was actually good that I couldn't as the audience dissappeared and wasn't able to feed my nervousness. Was I funny? I think so. I got some laughs eventhough half the crowd was there for me. Will I do it again? Your damn right I will. A comedian gots to do what a comedian gots to do.

I am also grateful for all of my family and friends that showed up to support me. It meant everything to show you all cared and I love you all for that. Below is a list in no particular order of the people present as I believe they deserve recognition too.

Nicole (my wife)
Sharon (Mom)
GayAnn (mother-in-law)
Flo
Jean
Todd
Craig
Michelle (Shelly)
Christian
Laura
Aggie
Jeff
Thom
Nicole
Kathy
Myles
Tera
Leila
John
Kate
Tony
Michelle
Rob

There are a couple of other people that did not make it but really wanted to support me and have. I thank them as well. (You know who you are)

1 comment:

michelle said...

Congrats on your 1st successful of many thousands of stand-up nights! You were so funny. You had the audience in the palm of your hand.

Love,
Shelly