Saturday, May 5, 2007

Hooray for Boobies

Today I am grateful for the precision in which our bodies work. I am amazed to see how inter-connected we are as a species and the delicate balance nature provides. I am also amazed how we as humans strive for that same balance.

Today I am also grateful for boobies. Today Nicole and I attended a Breastfeeding class. I have also realized that I am 12 years old mentally. We joked about seeing boobies (by the way, I can't not smile when writing or saying the word "boobies") but I really did not expect to see them. I expected mannequins and fake boobies but we saw them on tape. It was odd. The only boobies I had seen on tape had other purposes and I was a bit perplexed. It was good that we talked about it. I would encourage any man to talk to his partner before seeing other boobies (especially professional boobie places) to gather the ground rules. Do I look? Do I point? Do I shout out "Damn, check out them knockers?" By the way the answer to the last one is no.

I could have handled the video as typically there was a baby attached and they made it less juvenile. But some of the scenes were just too much. One lady just whipped open her shirt and flopped out both boobs with no baby around. WTF???!!! That one threw me for a loop. Then there was "Hands On" training. The instructor is grabbing her boobs. The class is grabbing their boobs. I didn't know where to look, I was panicked. I swear if someone had whipped one out I would have bolted.

All in all it was a good experience. I was pretty well behaved for the most part. My mentality was contained to the occasional wink and smile to Nicole. I kept is bottled up inside. Then class was ended. Thank Goodness. I walk outside and can't hold it in any longer. I start to giggle. I get to the car, close the door, and shout "Boobies!" Now Nicole makes me smile anytime she leans over and gently whispers in my ear "Boobies." I Love her for understanding my age and catering to it.

Man, I love being 12.

1 comment:

michelle said...

You are so funny!