Monday, June 11, 2007

This is Crazy, This is Crazy, This is Crazy

Today I am grateful for my excitement, nervousness, and sheer panic. All of these emotions are growing as Nicole and I are getting closer to Flag Day. June 14th is Flag Day and the day Sarah arrives.

Today I am grateful for the staff at the St. Vincent's Center for Prenatal Diagnosis. They have been very supportive of us and our emotions and we thank them vehemently. Today was the Amniocentesis and per the results that have already received, Sarah's lungs are ready to Rock -n- Roll. Since then both Nicole and I have been jittery. We have this nervous anticipation. Kinda like before you do something that you want to do but is scary (i.e. white water rafting, skydiving, etc..) If you can experience about 14 different emotions at once, that is what we are feeling. Let me know if you get the referenced in the title as it kinda relates to how I am feeling. Great Movie.

Today I am grateful for Nicole. I was at work today and both of us were feeling the same way. Nicole wanted me to call off for tomorrow and start my leave early but realized that was silly and was not going to ask. At the same time, I was not able to work and just wanted to call off tomorrow and start my leave early to be with her. We talked and realized we had the same idea and it was a good one. I am on leave now.

The following is from Nicole....
Thank you to everyone who has called, e-mailed, and have kept us in their thoughts. Especially this week but throughout the pregnancy too. All of you are very special to us.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Much love to you both. Easier said than done, but try to create peace with your thoughts for the upcoming days instead of chaos.