Thursday, June 7, 2007

Getting to know you

Today I am grateful for Kathy Carroll. She runs the RTS (Resolve Through Sharing) group for St. Vincent's Women's Hospital. She has helped Nicole, myself, and countless others to share their grief. She is a wonderful woman for whom I would bend over backwards for. I hope that none of you ever have to meet her, but if you do, you will know what I mean.

I am also grateful for old friends. Today Nicole and I had dinner at Applebee's. We saw an old friend and was able to instantly reconnect and share with one another. We are also gathering lists of people to call when Sarah arrives and thinking that I need to talk to these people more as they are important to me.

Speaking of restaurants, did you hear they are researching the 5 second rule? According to research you have 30 seconds for soft food and up to one minute for hard food. The tests were done using apple slices and skittles. Many in the restaurant business have known this for years, but if you piss off the server or the kitchen, the food won't hit the floor it just won't be good for you.

No comments: