Monday, August 6, 2007

Old friends... and new ones

Today I am grateful for friends. I spent the weekend with some old friends from college. We went out to the Neon Cactus in West Lafayette (apparently no longer country bar). We hung out, we drank, and we had a great time. Then we went to a hole in the wall bar in Lafayette called Cox's. When I heard we were going to Cox's and did not know the spelling, I was nervous. Apparently it is a Karaoke Bar. When I found out it was a Karaoke bar, I was really scared then. I sang Baby Got Back and WKRP in Cincinnati. I also ran into another friend, Michelle Bryant, and made a new friend Mary. These two lovely ladies made our night. If you have never done Karaoke in a small town bar, you are missing out.

Friends are such an important part of my life. Old ones, new ones, just friends makes life enjoyable. I am already looking forward to seeing different friends on Friday and welcoming a friend home from a long journey.

1 comment:

michelle said...

Can't wait to see you!!!