Wednesday, April 2, 2008

New ways of doing the same things

Today I am grateful for change. Change in my financial life, change in my dietary life, and change in my entertainment life.

Over the past month, Nicole and I have changed and are no longer living off of credit. Given that, money is tight, but we are not digging a hole anymore and that feels great. For too long we have been living beyond are means and small changes have made a great impact. We can still go out, eat, play, and enjoy life, but now we need to make a conscious decision and realize if we do one thing, we may be able to do another and that is OK.

In the past week, I have been listening to a new show on TLC called "I can make you thin." I figured what the hell and what I have heard has had an impact. Currently I am a conscious eater. I focus on what I am eating and enjoy it immensely. I eat what I want and stop when I am full. Being a conscious eater actually made me realize that some foods I enjoyed are no longer tasty. For example, I used to love McDonald's French Fries. However, when I eat them consciously, chewing the food thoroughly and absorbing all of the tastes, it was gross and I threw most of them away. Before, I would not focus on the food and shovel it in and did not take the time to taste it. It is neat.

Finally, I have added a new form of entertainment that I am grateful for. Thom has turned me on to audio books. I have never been a reader, but enjoy the audio books greatly. I haven't listened to the radio in 6 months and could not be happier. Currently I am listening to the Golden Compass by Philip Pullman and am picking up the next audio book tonight at the library. It's like a play but I have to imagine the pictures in my head while listening to the voices. I am actually thinking about some improvement books like "The Secret".

I love change... and spellcheck.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

"Down the Rabbit Hole" is good too. If you like "The Secret", you should check out "What The Bleep Do We Know" also.

(audio books)

Hope you and your little family is doing well. Tell Nicole I said hello :)

Btw, I found a backpack with a camelpack in it. I'm thinking of filling it with wine while I'm on the back of the bike on our long Harley trips. :) lol just kidding, but it sounds like fun, ....and a whole lot of trouble!

Take Care,
Michelle B.