Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Family

Today I am grateful for family. Over the weekend, Nicole and I went to Kentucky to see my family. We were able to introduce Sarah to whole bunch of people. I mean a large number of people as there is nothing to do in that town but to have sex (family members optional).

Everyone was excited to see her. We were excited to introduce her. My greatest moment was introducing her to my 94 year old Grandma. Grandma is not doing too well and I am elated that they got a chance to meet. I know it hurt Grandma when Katie died, and I am happy to see her smile.

We spent the night at Papaw and Mimi's house (aka Dad and Step-Mom). I never saw my Dad so loving. It made me happy.

Finally, we went to my Mom's family reunion. She is one of 11 kids and there are a ton of people there. It was nice to have everyone come up and comment as I always felt left out being so far away from most of them. I felt like I was with family.

Now the driving to and from sucked. My sister told me that the best time to travel is with babies as they sleep most the time. She is wrong. A 3.5 hour car ride took 5 hours each way as we had to stop and feed the baby. It's not like I can throw a bottle back there and have her go at it. Maybe when she gets older, it will get better, but for now my ass is home.

No comments: