Thursday, July 5, 2007

Back in the saddle again

Greetings,
Trying to get back in the habit so bare with me.

Today I am grateful for so many things.
  • Sleep
  • Family
  • Mental Breaks (Movies)
  • Sarah
  • Nicole
  • My Job
  • My life
  • You

The last three weeks have been a whirlwind. It has been tiring and rewarding. I am grateful for every minute of it. Little people are so cool. It is funny though. Throughout the pregnancy, Nicole and I could not see past it to imagine or prepare for the aftermath. Everyone told us "Get your sleep now!!" I dismissed them as I knew what to expect.

They were right.

My previous experience has been taking care of my niece. While this trained me for the physical aspect of feeding, diapers, etc. it did not train me for the mental aspect. I am responsible for this person.

Basically, caring for a child is not the hard part. The hard part is being a parent. That scares (and excites) me.

Looking into her blue eyes, makes me realize that I need to do more, be more, give more, and love more. I will be everything to that little girl. I am her father.

Now enough with the mushy stuff.

The best perk so far... Nicole's boobs. Damn. Now the Michelles know I am a Scorpio so they understand. By the way... I am a happy Scorpio.

To see more of Sarah, visit http://paynesite.homedns.org/sarah

2 comments:

michelle said...

Nice. You are SUCH a Scorpio.

Shelly

Michelle said...

yeah for boobies!!
michelle b.